This 1980s spiced coffee topped with sweetened whipped cream will keep you warm on a cold winter evening!
Original Recipe: 'Spiced Coffee with Prunes' (Book 10, 1987)
Speed: 20 mins. | Serves: 4
4 tbsp. whipped cream
2 tbsp. icing sugar
500ml strong black coffee
1 tsp. cinnamon
4 stewed prunes
4 tbsp. brandy
1. To stew the prunes, put in a small saucepan with enough water to nearly cover. Bring to the boil and then allow to simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Then, leave to stand.
2. Mix the whipped cream with the icing sugar.
3. Make the coffee and stir the cinnamon into this.
4. Place one prune in each of four cups and add 1 tbsp. to each cup.
5. Pour the hot coffee over the prunes and brandy.
6. Top each cup with 1 tbsp. of whipped cream and serve immediately.
Original Recipe for 'Spiced Coffee with Prunes'
'BOOK 10': The Best of Cooking, 14th Edition (1987)
Publisher: Hamlyn Publishing Group Limited (Bridge House, London Road, Twickenham, Middlesex, England, U.K.)