This low fat grilled chicken recipe is quick to prepare once marinated. A great light meal for a hot summer day.
Original Recipe: 'Sesame Chicken' (Book 9, 1977)
Speed: 3hrs 30 mins. | Serves: 4
2 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tbsp. white wine
1 tsp. chopped tarragon
1 tsp. mustard powder
4 boned chicken breasts
100g sesame seeds
1. Mix the butter, soy sauce, wine, tarragon and mustard powder together to form the marinade.
2. Marinade the chicken breasts in this mixture for 3 hours, then drain the chicken and keep the marinade.
3. Grill the chicken for 4 - 6 minutes on each side.
4. Remove the chicken from the grill and brush all over with the left over marinade.
5. Pour the sesame seeds onto a plate and roll each chicken breast in the seeds so that they are coated all over.
6. Return the chicken breasts to the grill until the sesame seeds are golden brown.
7. Remove from the heat and cut into one breast to make sure that the meat is cooked through. Return to the grill for a few more minutes if needed.
8. Once cooked, serve immediately.
Note: We served ours with boiled rice and steamed vegetables.
Original Recipe for 'Sesame Chicken'
'BOOK 9': The Complete Colour Cookbook (1977)
Edited By: Gill Edden
Publisher: Octopus Books Limited (59 Grosvenor Street, London, W1, England, U.K.)